- Watts Regulator Co. (“Watts”) warrants its TRITON™ Pipe Fusion system products to be free of defects in material and workmanship when used under normal usage in water distribution systems, and installed in accordance with all Watts/TRITON printed installation instructions. Specific warranty durations apply as follows:
- TRITON Control Unit and TRITON Fusers for a period of one (1) year from the date of original shipment.
- TRITON™ RF Fusion weld plastic fittings, when installed with compatible plastic pipe manufactured either by Watts or another manufacturer to the proper ASTM standards, for a period of twenty-five years (25) from the date of original shipment.
- All other valves and accessories sold under the Watts TRITON brand name for a period of one (1) year from the date of original shipment.
- In the event of a system malfunction or leak caused by defective Watts warranted materials (and not by incorrect installation, incorrect handling procedures, or by jobsite or installation damage), a reasonable pre-approved amount will be allowed for repair materials and repair labor. Note that Watts limits its warranty to its fittings, electronics, and accessories. Watts does not warrant the connection on any installation, as the integrity of the connection is subject to the workmanship of the contractor/installer. The connection is the sole responsibility of the person who installs it.
- In order to qualify for a warranty remedy under paragraph B, you must contact Watts in advance and receive a written authorization for this remedy from an authorized Watts representative. Repair materials as well as repair labor and freight expenses not authorized in writing in advance by Watts in this way will not be compensated.
- To qualify for the warranty described above, you must do the following:
- Use good construction techniques to install our materials, as specified in our current design and installation guidelines and technical notes. This must include field pressure testing our warranted materials before they are covered by concrete or otherwise made inaccessible.
- Install Watts TRITON Fittings according to all guidelines and manuals published by Watts.
- Install Watts TRITON™ products in a system that will not operate at temperatures or at pressures that exceed the rating printed on the plastic pipe.
- The Watts warranted product must be installed in compliance with local building and plumbing codes.
- Evidence of tampering, mishandling, neglect, accidental damage, freeze damage, or unauthorized repairs that cause damage to Watts’s warranted products will void any warranty coverage for those particular products. All field connections are specifically excluded from the terms of this warranty.
- It is possible that other manufacturers’ tubing and/or fittings may be installed using the TRITON Control Unit and TRITON Fusers. Provided that the tubing and/or fittings are manufactured to their applicable ASTM standards, and have been certified by a recognized third-party testing agency, the Watts product in the given installation will continue to be covered under this warranty. In the event of a system malfunction or leak that has other tubing and/or fitting manufacturers’ components installed within the failed system, Watts will be responsible only for proven defects in material or workmanship in the Watts products. Products manufactured by another company should be reported to that manufacturer for its warranty response.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. THE WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS GIVEN EXPRESSLY AND IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY WATTS WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS LISTED IN PARAGRAPH A. WATTS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WATTS HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Liability. The remedy described above shall constitute the sole and exclusive remedy for breach of warranty, and, apart from that remedy, Watts shall not be responsible for any incidental, special, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost profits, or the cost of repairing or replacing other property which is damaged if these warranted products do not work properly, other costs resulting from labor charges, delays, vandalism, negligence, fouling caused by foreign material, damage from adverse water conditions, adverse chemical environments, or any other circumstances over which Watts has no control. This warranty shall be invalidated by any abuse, misuse, misapplication, or improper installation of the product. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. Therefore the above limitations may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state. You should consult applicable state laws to determine your rights. SO FAR AS IS CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE STATE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL SHIPMENT.
- RETURNED GOODS – CREDIT: No material shall be returned without authorization. When credit is issued, it will be at the price originally invoiced, less handling charges, based on the costs of reconditioning, boxing, etc. Products which are obsolete or made to special order are not returnable.
Watts’s obligation will be to repair or replace, at its discretion, any of these products proven to be defective in material or workmanship when these products are covered under this limited warranty.